Monday, January 10, 2011

Back in action!

So, after not updating this blog for nearly 2 years, I can proudly say I've been a successful personal trainer since passing my exam with flying colors in June 2009. It was tough, so if any of you need help studying or tips on how to pass, let me know.

Since I got certified I have worked in a commercial gym environment in a thriving urban community, at a Bally Total Fitness in Lincoln Park, Chicago. There I built my business and met so many wonderful clients and learned a ton from my inspiring co-workers. I also learned quite a bit about the personal training business, and made some important decisions for my career about what environments work for me and which ones definitely don't.

Right now I am training part time at the West Suburban YMCA while attending graduate school at Lesley University. I love the Y- such a great family environment with health-oriented members. I'm so impressed by the level of commitment shown to fitness by the members- the place is consistently busy from open to close, with many dedicated members showing up before opening to get in their crack-of-dawn-workouts.

I've developed a small clientele and am looking to build as my school schedule will be lighter in the spring. If you want to learn new exercises, get into a consistent fitness routine, lose weight, gain strength, improve cardiovascular health, correct balance issues, and have fun while doing it, set up a session with me. I'll listen carefully to all your concerns and medical history, and together we can build a workout program that will work for you and create great results. My passion is helping people feel better about their bodies. My training style is nurturing yet demanding- I always challenge my clients with a smile and lots of positive encouragement. I'm up for anything, appreciate feedback, and love to collaborate with clients to come up with the most dynamic, fun, and effective workouts possible. I focus on safety, professionalism, client comfort, client education, and keeping things fresh. I will never push you to buy buy buy- instead I will prove to you the value of our sessions so you can see for yourself what a worthy investment personal training really is. I'm also available for couples and small group training, which is slightly more economical.

Right now I train out of the West Suburban YMCA. You don't need to be a member, but rates are slightly higher for non-members. I am also currently working on renovating my basement and transforming it into a personal training studio. I'll keep you all updated as this progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment