Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So I'm in somewhat of a big transition in my life right now. I'm currently at my job at Oberlin College but will be leaving that job and Oberlin on August 21st. I will head home to Mass to attend my friend Sarah's wedding (congratulations!) and then on to Cape Cod to spend vacation time with my family :). Then, God willing, i'll be heading to Chicago to move in with my boyfriend Nick. He got a job working for Teach for America in Chicago and I want to join him there to explore a new city and continue my career. About the career part, though, I definitely need to find a job. I've been looking in the non-profit sector, so if any of you have any connections, let me know! I'm also getting certified as a personal trainer this summer through ACE (American Council on Exercise) so I should be able to find a job doing that in the fall as well. The ACE Personal Training Certification Exam is on June 29, so wish me luck! If and when I pass that exam, I'll be taking this blog in a new direction to use as a resource for clients and so I can share my knowledge and perspective on exercise, nutrition, fitness, and the mental health aspects that accompany those issues.

If any of you have any advice on moving to a new city, or want to share similar experiences, feel free to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment